Saturday, June 9, 2007

the park - aka tomato town's non-existent club scene



i went "clubbing" with my sister and some friends yesterday. my first mistake was deciding very early on that i didnt want to get drunk, and then following through, and not getting drunk.

the park is an older scene. lots of mid thirty to fortysomethings. and the music is a tad on the technoey side. lots of cuts of top 40 stuff but never an entire song. and then there's your standard get the older people to dance stuff like i love rock and roll and pour some sugar on me. which are all fine songs but...well, its just such an incongruous scene.

anyway, we get there and eat dinner at this restaurant thats attached to it. i dont remember a dress code or anything. but i wear ok stuff. jeans, t-shirt. and black pumas (new). when we move to get into the club at 9pm because we're there ridiculously early and things dont get hoppin until 11, the guy is like um...we have a strict dress code and we dont allow sneakers. but then hes kinda nice and is like, well you can go in, but i'm just giving you a heads up if the people in there see you they'll probably tell you to leave. you'll be good until 9:30. i didnt get kicked out. but i was very conscious of my shoes and all the bouncery people all night. its not like they were very noticably rubbery or anything. they were all black! i dont get why they'll let in 60year old ladys and some short banditos, and that their dress code doesnt rule out t-shirts, but they are 100% N-O on runners.

it makes me miss the backer a lot a lot.

its getting really hot in sacramento. it was 96 today. and no breeze. and how come there arent any good movies out? and how come i never remember to watch will traveler?

i played chinese chess with my mom tonight. not to be confused with chinese checkers. i lost. it was a good brain tickling time. my sister went to 2nd saturday, this art walk thing around town. sklip skloop.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

ahhhhh! will traveler! I forgot all about the amazingness. Lemme know what happens if you catch it again...

man...

also: runners = so classy. don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Raechel said...

will you teach me how to play chinese chess...? I never understood any of that stuff (though I haven't given it another chance since I was like 8...then again I don't know how to play ANY chess...) Say hi to your adorable mom! - even though she has no idea who I am.

lc said...

you two are the only people who read this thing. i love it.

Crickettu said...

I read it i just dont comment.

Unknown said...

Hey I'm gonna start reading this,k! When you said read tomato town...I was like, "What? Is that a good book?" lol I crack myself up! Yeah the next clubbing spot should not be the Park! I concur!!